Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Art Of Entertaining



Last weekend I went home to spend some much needed time with the family. On Friday my mom had a lovely work Christmas party at our house. I helped out with some of the details but was so blown away by the creativity of my mother. Not that I ever doubted it but she pulled off quite a classy work party. Here are some of her tips, she served butternut squash soup in vintage glasses, and mini pulled pork sandwiches and rosemary champagne spritzers. Of course the best part of hosting the party is decorating the house. A guest brought a gift (shown above) that spelled out Merry Christmas that she handmade! I love the gesture of a homemade gift as a hosting present! The evening was filled with laughs and great food and wine but I couldn't help but realize halfway through that in my generation we have somewhat lost the art of entertaining. I hope to bring it back, because nothing makes me heart full like a house full of people and good food. Hope you took away some great entertaining tips and I put the dress in there for good measure because every hostess needs to be the mostest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails